If you are a car owner in the UK, you should only use tyres with the latest EU labelling. The revised tyre labelling rules have come into effect on 1st May 2021. So, if you’re looking to invest in new tyres Blyth for your vehicle, we suggest you should know about all these changes.
At Mobile Tyres By Andy, we have upgraded our inventory with tyre models featuring the latest EU tyre labels.
What are the new rules of EU tyre labelling?
- Your car tyre’s wet-grip performance now ranks on a scale of A to E. Models rated A have the most efficient braking performance on wet surfaces, whereas tyres rated E have the least.
- The fuel efficiency level of your vehicle measures from A to E. Tyres with rating A have lower rolling resistance, so they offer an improved fuel economy for your car. Alternatively, models rated E have higher rolling resistance, significantly increasing your vehicle’s fuel consumption.
- There is a 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake [3PMSF] symbol on the labels of tyres designed for snow performance.
- Nordic winter tyres now have a stalagmite symbol on their labels.
- An ABC rating system now symbolises your car tyre’s noise emission efficiency. To elaborate:
- A refers to brilliant noise efficiency.
- B is symbolic of the high external noise.
- C-rated tyres are no longer allowed on UK roads.
- The tyre models now have a unique QR code, scanning which you can get detailed information about those models from the EU database EPREL.
For further guidance, visit our experts at Station garage, Front Street, Bebside, Jett petrol station, NE24 4HT today.
Moreover, you can buy tyres Blyth online and club mobile tyre-fitting services using our website.
So, stop searching ‘car tyres near me’ and contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07511 920756 now!